Our key fob is a simple yet highly important feature of our vehicles. It allows us to lock and unlock our doors from a distance, open the tailgate, and set off the alarm. When the battery for your key fob dies, doing daily tasks can get slightly annoying. We know it can be a pain to have to order parts for your car. Today, we will be teaching you how to change your Mazda key fob battery when it dies. Read on to get your key fob working again.
You might also like: How do I start my Mazda if my key fob dies?
A few simple steps for changing the key fob battery
- Take the emergency key out of the key fob.
- Using a flathead screwdriver, take off the backside of the key fob.
- You will then see a battery cover. This battery cover shows the battery needed and can removed with the flathead screwdriver.
- Take out the old battery and then put in the new battery.
- After putting in the new battery put back the battery cover, back side of the key fob, and the emergency key.
If you are more of a visual learner, we have included a tutorial video that shows you how to do each of these steps.
If you find yourself having trouble with these tips on how to change our Mazda key fob battery, you can always contact us so that we may assist.