As smartphones are now the preferred mobile phone, more car manufacturers are starting to integrate smartphone compatibility in their newer models. One of those models with smartphone integration is the 2019 Mazda CX-5. The 2019 Mazda CX-5 has both Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay®. Since we previously covered Apple CarPlay, we will be teaching you how to use Android Auto™ today. Keep reading for the steps for set up and use, and the requirements of being able to use Android Auto™.
Setting up Android Auto™ on your phone
The first step to setting up Android Auto™ , is to have it on your phone. There are five steps to setting up Android Auto™ on your phone:
- Download the Android Auto application to your phone from the Google Play store. If you have an Android 10, Android Auto™ is already installed.
- If you need to, the app will ask you to install or update apps like Google Maps.
- Review the Safety Notice and Terms and Conditions.
- Follow the steps to give permission to Android Auto™ to use your phone’s features and applications.
- Turn on all notifications.
What Android phones can use Android Auto™ ?
Luckily for you, all Android phone can use Android Auto™ in your CX-5. The Android phone does need to have the proper software running. Your Android phone can be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and up with a data plan for Android Auto™ to work. However, Android recommends having Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and up for the best performance.
Accessing Android Auto™ in your Mazda CX-5
After setting up the app on your phone, the next step is to connect your phone to your Mazda CX-5. There are four steps to follow to set up Android Auto™ in your car:
- Make sure your CX-5 in is park.
- Connect your phone with a USB cable and unlock the screen. Plugging in the USB will automatically turn on your phone’s Bluetooth® if it is not already on.
- Pair your phone with your CX-5 using Bluetooth®.
- On the MAZDA CONNECT® screen, select Android Auto™ and follow the instructions to finish setting up Android Auto™ .
Once Android Auto™ is set up, it can be accessed by using the Commander knob to start the application.