After looking at what’s new on the 2020 Mazda3, we discovered that Apple CarPlay is standard on the hatchback model and available on the sedan, which is very exciting news! It’s wonderful to be able to integrate your smartphone with your car, which allows you to conveniently access apps like Maps, Calendars, Apple Music, Contacts and additional compatible apps like Podcasts, Audiobooks and so many more. Since this technology is available on the Mazda3 through MAZDA CONNECT®, let’s figure out how to use it!Step-by-Step Setup
- Download the Apple CarPlay app on your iPhone.
- Place your Mazda3 in park and engage the parking brake.
- Connect the iPhone to the Lightning cable and insert the other end of the cable to the USB port with a smartphone icon next to it.
- MAZDA CONNECT® will detect your iPhone.
- Press and hold the home button until Apple CarPlay has launched, tilt the Commander knob forward on the selected Apple CarPlay option, or rotate the Commander knob to select applications and then select Apple CarPlay.
- Once Apple CarPlay is launched, you will have access to your phone’s applications.
To learn more about Mazda vehicles, check out our blog!
In addition to the applications listed above, the following are available with Apple CarPlay: iHeartRadio, WhatsApp, Spotify, Stitcher, CBS Radio, Overcast, Audiobooks.com, Audible, Pandora, LiveXLive, VOX, NPR One, Downcast, Radio Disney, Amazon Music, Google p[lay Music, SiriusXM Radio, Tidal and At Bat2. Simply download these apps on the AppStore and rearrange how they appear in CarPlay through the settings on your iPhone.
The following navigation applications are also compatible with Apple CarPlay: 2GIS, Google Maps, KakaoNavi, NAVER Map, NAVITIME, Sygic Car Navigation: GPS & Maps, T Map, Waze and more. To learn how to use Apple CarPlay in the 2019 Mazda CX-5, click here!