Whether you drive by yourself, or with a vehicle full of people, safety is highly important. You never know what can happen while on the road. Road conditions, weather conditions, and other drivers are all factors that can lead to a potential collision. That’s why the 2020 Mazda CX-5 is equipped with several safety features to keep you and your family safe. Keep reading to learn which ones are available.
i-ACTIVSENSE® Safety Features
- Blind Spot Monitoring. This safety feature will detect any objects that are in or entering your blind spot areas. When it detects an object, it will alert the driver with a chime, a warning light in the side mirror, and on the Active Driving Display.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert. When in reverse, this system will detect vehicles approaching from the sides. If a vehicle is detected, it will send out an audio and visual alert.
- Advanced Smart City Brake Support with Pedestrian Detection. This system detects both vehicles and pedestrians in your path. If it senses a potential collision, it will warn the driver and apply the brakes if necessary.
- Lane Departure Warning System. When driving at 37 mph or faster, this system will provide audio, visual and tactile warnings when it senses that you are unintentionally departing the lane. This is especially helpful for anyone who is often driving late at night.
- Lane-Keep Assist. Aiding the Lane Departure Warning System, this feature will provide minor steering correction to bring your vehicle back into the center of your lane.
- Adaptive Front-Lighting System. To provide better visibility at night, this feature makes the headlights pivot in the direction of your turn. This allows you to see any potential hazards in the path ahead.
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop and Go Function. This final safety feature maintains a set speed and distance between you and the vehicle ahead. If the vehicle ahead of you reduces speed, the system will have your vehicle automatically slow down or stop.
[ Read more: 2020 Mazda CX-5 Power and Performance ]